Thread: rollback ?
View Single Post
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 20:37   #26
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: rollback ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN View Post
Recalling fleets is utterly ludicrous. Why the game could not be fixed, rolled back 24 hours with further time before hand for people to recall, run ships or w/e I dont understand.

Cost me a t50 place and my galaxy mate #1 spot due to not landing high xp attacks.
As its procedure. Once the mistakes had been made, the only choice was Rollback with Fleet Recall (24hours no ticks could be argued though).

The reason for this, is that it gives an unfair advantage to people with fleets not recalled.. I.e. anyone eta 4 or lower will still land uneffected but anyone eta 5 or higher cannot, as galaxys have 24hours to organise defence (thus giving an unfair advantage). Thats the reason why the fleet recall rule was implemented (I.E. Its aimed at screwing everyone over, not just late launchers).

To take your scenario.. Your eta 4 when it rollsback.. You get to top50 and your galaxy mate gets to #1 spot. The people who launched one tick later than you (eta 5) have no recall, as the galaxy can organise defence on every wave (as 100% will be online during the 24hour period). Is that fair? that some get to land and some dont?

Note: Im not explaining this to just you but to the PA Team. As they dont understand it either.. As they often roll the ticks back to a point where early launches get to land but late launchers dont, which makes the fleet recall redundent.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote