View Single Post
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 19:52   #40
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Seriously, Greenpeace, what the ****?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CjC
Surely Nuclear Rods for powerstations are not likely to be enriched enough to produce the same effect as a bomb? If anything we'd have a critical meltdown like Chernobyl, and clearly Chernobyl's power station was not quite as protected against the odds as ours. True it may effect a number of people in and around the area but I would suspect its effect would have little impact of fear generation for the uk seeing as we keep our stations a fair way away from the most clustered communities.

Dear oh Dear :/
Ther TFR's (Temporary Flight Restrictions) here in America require us to avoid circling powerplants, oil fields, dams, bridges, football games or other densly populated places, and special events. Oh, and Crawford Texas too. (And we are relentlessly reminded everytime we call a flight briefer.)

The Area above Crawford Texas is whited out on VFR Sectional Charts, and we are required to go an extremely long way out of our way to avoid this area. It's quite irritating really, adds an hour to almost all flights that occur in the area. We also have to be familiar with intercept proceedures, for when they threaten to shoot us down.

It's a sad day when the government can tell you where and where not to fly, in an otherwise unrestricted industry such as aviation.

It's Nazi Germany all over again, folks.

Hooray for white supremecists with toothbrush facial hair.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote