View Single Post
Unread 19 Jul 2015, 22:52   #381
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice
Re: Second half of the round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Not everyone in Ascendancy may want the exact same thing, but I'm pretty confident that few (if any!) people in Ascendancy went into the round expecting to have a reasonable shot at alliance win. We made fun of Forest for suggesting it, in fact, which is always a good indicator.

Describes us pretty well too!
looking at the member list, i was another one who could suggest the same.
after first incomings early round, i saw u guys talking a lot about no DC or def at all in ASC, and all roids idd gone really easy.
very soon i realized that asc couldnt win for they own merits. so there was 2 options, try to win via politics, or the one i was thinking since last round, zhill/benneh helping bf to win, or just not allow ultores win again.
second option looks even more right now. and to make it even more clear, im 100% sure he never said a word in that direction. was always convincing asc arguing well and proving his points very nice. with asia team always going after ult, including this note:
<Appocomaster> so they armoued you up and pointed you forwards and fired you at CT?
<[Ult]agar3s> CT hit ult for like 800 ticks
<[Ult]agar3s> so it was obviously just returning the favor
<[CT]Sleep[4-1]> Guess we gotta hit ult for 1000 ticks next round to stop ult
<[CT]Sleep[4-1]> 800 ticks just doesnt work

so with all this said, i believe the anti ult players in asc won the ones who really cares about not bashing over any alliance with 200+ fleets just bcoz they have chances to win.