View Single Post
Unread 20 May 2013, 20:34   #1
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
A Spore Announcement

Next round will see some familiar faces making a comeback, under the alliance name of Spore, helmed by myself and Bashar. This is NOT 1up, although some of the faces in the alliance will be very familiar to ex-1up (or even ex-Fury) members. Without Sid, there can be no 1up. Whether he makes an appearance; whether he'll use his own nick, we cannot say at this time. But even without his presence, we bring with us the ethos upon which 1up was created - the idea of an alliance built purely for playing on our own terms and pushing the boundaries within the game, whilst maintaining a role to prevent megablocking that leads to stagnation.

One of the biggest differences between us and 1up is that we will not be a full sized tag (to our current predictions), and not going for the #1 position (unless the opportunity presents itself of course). We will enter the next round with no enemies (at least if we are given that choice). The "grudges" from one round to the next is one reason for the never-ending cycle of two blocks forming to fight each other and we will not start with the intention of joining either side or participating in an overwhelming block that will lead to stagnation.

Politically for the alliance, we will be open to short-term (and long-term) deals that are in the interests of keeping stagnation at bay and with the thoughts of our members taken into account. Any discussion with myself or Bashar will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not be passed on to anyone else. (This being stated only due to how I have heard discussions are more prone to be passed along)

Our public channel is #Spore - recruitment details can be found there. If you want to help us re-raise the bar, or want to talk to us about anything else, get in touch.

Lastly, the name Spore was chosen for two reasons. One for it's relationship to that of our former alliance, to being the beginnings (and end) from that of a famours green and white mushroom, the second because GZT100 (Get Zhil Top 100) was refused.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony

Last edited by Zh|l; 20 May 2013 at 21:16.
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote