View Single Post
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 10:11   #34
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A change in sci fi in the works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I am not sure about the original premise of the question.

Alien was at least as harsh as Battlestar.
Perhaps erroneously, but I took the original post to be mainly talking about television (his movie example was terrible so I ignored it). It seems that movies were "ahead" of TV in many regards for many years, whereas now TV has caught up (and possibly overtaken).

The story-arc possibilities in TV series now seem to be (more) fully utilised these days, compared to the 'alien race of the week' fare which Trek was filled with.

Admittedly that's an issue of quality, rather than direction but meh.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote