View Single Post
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 04:22   #22
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A change in sci fi in the works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Also Serenity is pretty much a direct clone of Star Wars so I dont know how you can claim that it 'set a new direction' in sci-fi. Anyway, good sci-fi has always been about philosophy, politics and ideas, rather than "hey guys we're in the future look here is a laser!!!!" so I dont think anything essential has changed. Maybe Hollywood has altered the sort of big-budget films it makes but who cares really?
Serenity has cynism and complex characters. Han Solo and maybe Bobba Fett are probably the only cynical characters in star wars (and more than likely why they're some of the most favored), everyone else was either philosophically good or evil and had pretty much unquestionable beliefs in their mission (although I'm not a walking star wars information booth). Even if there were other characters with depth I haven't named, Star Wars is just plauged with humorless uncritical walking automatons incapable of anything other than naive idealism of one way or another.