View Single Post
Unread 10 May 2010, 15:57   #1
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough
Alternative approach on ship stats

Yeah right, I have too much time at the moment. so I thought about how PA could be made different and also more accessible for new players and give those long year players something different.
The idea is get rid of T1 T2 and T3 and set a base damage to every ship. Then add some bonus/malus against different types of ships, like Harpy gets 100% on base damage against FI class. Shipstats would look like this then:

Harpy - Base damage: 4

FI = +100% (=8)
CO = +50% (=6)

FR = +10%
DE = x (means base damage)

CR = -25%
BS = -50%

(Note this is only an example)

This basically is a free fire shipstats but ppl wouldn't build Harpy against BS class ships because of the low damage (-50% = 2 ).
You'd have no ships not firing but you'd still have ships specialized to take out certain classes. Adding special bonus against a certain shiptype would also be plausible like XAN Peacekeeper (BS Class) gets an additional bonus against XAN CR because the unit description says this ship is used to fight mainly other XAN CRs.

I think this way the game would become much more interesting. Of course this whole thing needs more than just a little brainstorming like i did now but I'm sure those stats experts - once they like this idea - could make a really nice stats setup.

Please discuss here and tell me if you like it.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote