View Single Post
Unread 31 Jul 2009, 19:43   #11
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: R32 stats and next round :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
Also, 'covering' defensive bases is a tradeoff, one that results in significantly less flexibility and attacking power. It also means the teamups that do launch on you tend to be even larger, so it's not all a good thing.
I disagree. When every race has to make these trade offs (as Xan does this round) it opens up the attack options and creates great attack opportunities, it simultaneously makes defending generally more difficult. This decreases the size of the team ups, not increases them, as players will not need as many fleets to attack a single target. Great example of what I mean is Xan this round. They have to spread their resources between three classes to cover their bases, Phantom, Pulsar, Bomber. Phantom and Pulsar are used to attack, bombers on defense.

Xans can still attack reasonably well this round, often without requiring a teamup, yet because their resources are spread between three classes it makes them easier to hit. The major disadvantage for Xans this round is that other races do not have to do this anywhere as near as much, making it easy for smaller players to hit them. I myself am hit regularly by cath players who have 20 to 30% less value then myself, yet I can often have significant trouble hitting a cath or terran player who is greater then 75% of my own value because their fleets are often highly concentrated. Some of this may have to do with targeting as JBG has suggested, but some if it certainly has to do with the fleet concentration advantages of cath and terran.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote