View Single Post
Unread 31 Jul 2009, 18:46   #9
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold
Re: R32 stats and next round :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
The complaint I've been hearing about ziks is the one mentioned by Colt, namely it is nearly impossible to solo (accept against total newbies or the bots), you almost always have to team up to have success. This makes it very hard to play zik unless you have consistent team up options in either your galaxy or alliance. While zik have always been considered an advanced player option, forcing them to always team up is not good stats design in my opinion.

My other personal gripe with these stats is they don't force large players to spread their resources to cover all their defensive bases. Allowing races to spend ALL of their resources in one class (terran DE for example) or one class and one other ship makes big players very hard to hit. I would prefer to see the stats force the big players to spread their resources a bit more to make it easier for smaller players to stand a chance roiding bigger players.
Colt solos fairly regularly, generally with fakes. He was just saying that it's hard for Zik to solo with their initial FR fleet.

Also, 'covering' defensive bases is a tradeoff, one that results in significantly less flexibility and attacking power. It also means the teamups that do launch on you tend to be even larger, so it's not all a good thing.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote