View Single Post
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 08:51   #29
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
And I touched on a related issue above. It's true that the political spectrum isn't as broad in the US, but if it were really true that Democrats = Republicans then why would any of you lot even care that Bush beat Gore (or whatever spin you want to put on it)?
Well, I've never complained about the Democrats not getting into power - I couldn't care less, and the Democrats are at least as bad as the Republicans. The Dems need to be destroyed for all manner of historical and current crimes. I probably would have begrudgingly voted Nader if I had been an American at the time.

But some "leftists" (for want of a better term) have criticised the elections not because Bush gained power but the manner which they alledge it took place. See Michael Moore et al. If you think the election was decided fraudulently then it doesn't matter who won - the process is still ripe for criticism. True, the criticism is going to be more forthcoming since they think it was some right wing plot.

Again, I'm not speaking for everyone and my viewpoint isn't typical, but the nub of the matter that most people's disatisfaction with American politics is not party political. If these forums still exist in some form when/if the Democrats regain the presidency, I'm sure you'll still see critical threads of the US.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote