View Single Post
Unread 3 Sep 2003, 17:16   #28
Emperorn
Ruler

Emperorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
If both Republicans and Democrats are right-wing, then FOX media isn't an outlier at all--it's mainstream! FOX can hardly be responsible for turning (or trying to turn) the country to the right if it was solidly there to begin with.

And I touched on a related issue above. It's true that the political spectrum isn't as broad in the US, but if it were really true that Democrats = Republicans then why would any of you lot even care that Bush beat Gore (or whatever spin you want to put on it)? If you think American politics is homogeneous, fine; but then don't complain when the Republicans beat the Democrats--you can't have it both ways.
There are shades on the right-left political barometer. Fox is responsible for trying to turn the country further to the far-right.

In your country you have a very right-wing party and a somewhat less right-wing party. Even if the difference is marginal, of course we would rather have the lesser of the two evils.

Just as if the choice was between the KKK and the Republican party I would be rooting for the Republicans.

- George Bush Sr
Emperorn is offline   Reply With Quote