View Single Post
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 23:59   #38
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Built like tanks...

Well, this is hopefully back on topic.

The reason most people think that getting fit or in shape or just losing weight is hard is because of a lot of crap in the media and what not.

I think most people here realise that fad diets do not work but a lot of people don't. With deprivation diets, your body ends up storing even more of the fat from the food you do eat to make up for the lack of it from your food, then when you go back to normal diet, your body carries on this trend and you end up putting on loads of weight because of what you ahve done to your metabolism by not eating enough.

Its obvious that the best way to lose weight is to do exercise, although its strange that you use most of the energy in your body when you sleep, so this is potentially the best way to lose weight, while sleeping. THe best way to do this is to build muscle, not you look pumped up, but just so you have slightly bigger muscles. This means you burn more energy while your sleeping because more energy is needed to regulate this extra tissue. I think as little as 6lb's extra muscle weight can help boost your energy usage, so you lose even more weight.

The trouble is, people think building muscles is so difficult, they don't realise how easy it actually is. You need foods high in protein - chicken or turkey, turkey is better since it has less fat although its tasteless. Basically, you can eat whatever you want but it has to be good. There are different kinds of fats and some are good and some are evil. Anyway, you can build enough muscle to lose weight by just doing 20 minutes of exercise a day, its anaerobic though so running won't really help but it can supplement it.

I think my point is, losing weight or gaining weight through muscle, or generally getting fitter is really quite easy, its jsut that more people need to leanr how to do it and not believe that healthy lifestyles are only achieved by superhumans, the super rich or the super crazy people with hours and hours spare.

I went to the gym for a few months and I didn't eat quite right but I lost some fat, gained some good shape to my body and felt much better. Although now I'm a lazy slob because i stopped going at uni because I was too lazy to sign up, but come the new term I'm going because I had far too much stress and I needed to work it out.

But yeah, gym good, don't go crazy though and be Arnie, he sucks
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote