View Single Post
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 15:40   #54
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Round 20 Changes

If I remember correctly, the reason behind including xp in the game was to encourage smaller planets to target larger planets, in the efforts of combatting stagnation.

Now, if those smaller planets do this, there's a higher opportunity cost for the alliance which makes those raids happen. Taking xp out of the Alliance Ranking could very easily shift that focus from 'up' to 'down', going for easier, safer roids for easier, safer value growth.

That's a shame.

(edit: and this is especially contradictory in light of the PA team's interest in catering to new players. removing the importance of xp hurts everyone who isnt 'omg i refuse to go on this date with the hot babe so i can send my wraiths!' over planetarion.)

(edit #2: is this one of those times where our awesome Planetarion Community Handling Squad is waiting for the steam to pass before trying to explain why they're making the changes they are? Isn't this...'community relations'?)