View Single Post
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 00:50   #24
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: For the last hour...

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i ****ing hate those anthologys.

people refering to mixed race people as half cast are not necessairly implying that it means they're filthy ******s. Maybe the chap who wrote the poem could come up with a term he thinks reflects an "un-prejudice" frame of mind. or we could study his use of alliteration \o/

the worst one was the Glaswegian and the parody of "BBC english".
Maybe the reason for it eluded him, but if a news reader actually spoke in the advertised Glaswegian lingo, there would be far less understanding/tolerance of everyone elses dialect(s).... why ?
because no-one would watch the ****ing news
1. I don't recall the poet being half-cast or mixed race... he looked black to me.

2. That glaswegian thing with the BBC news thing, well why the hate? It had a point.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote