Thread: Who were you?
View Single Post
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 05:35   #19
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Who were you?

You are: Fading Memories of Imperial Glory (6:6:6) Xan (Clear)

Ships (820,181 total)
Banshee 435,000 Phantom 205,000
Bomber 25,000 Wraith 25,000
Shadow 50,000 Nightmare 50,000
Illusion 20,181 Vampyre 10,000

I clearly had the best co-ords of the round - it didnt take me long to rename my fleets Hells Angels , Devil Worship and Satan is Calling . I buddypacked with a former Visionary from long ago who just wanted to play solo and for laughs, so about 15 mins before tick 36 i had a buddymate! \o/.

Early on, i lost 50k bombers due to sheer stupidity on behalf of my C alliance, and after that only slowly rebuilt more. Most of the round i was hovering around the 250-300 score ranks, which with my three jobs and full time uni isnt bad as i never had any time to attack (i'd never be around at landing time ). Anyway, given that i could rarely attack, i managed to keep quite alot of my value defending which was great.

I really enjoyed defending my galaxy and my alliance with my uber phantom - i had one phantom that made at least 18 fleets recall against it, and then finally it was lost defending against some Zik on tobbe . This signaled the end of Sovereign's good fortune, as after that i kept getting attacked (even though i had no roids*) and right at the end of the round i lost about 2/3 of my FI and about 80% of my CO in one miserable defence (against another Zik, of all things - FR faked as DE ofc ).

I used the pitiful amount of salvage i received to init some roids - thus i finished with the highest number of roids i had all round .

I didnt really use my frigates much for attack - one thrice or so as a secondary excerise - i found that i had (at the time) enough FI to get through on Etd planets often enough, assuming they didnt get much in the way of defence. effectively, i didnt get through all that often, but when i did, it was alot of free roids - which is always good for value players like me .

*With another buddypack who seemed pretty active and willing to defend in-gal, we got a few good randoms and soon enough everyone (except me) was actively attacking with 2 or 3 fleets. As such, for most of the round my galaxy had a roid rank of about 15, whilst a score rank outside the top 60. The incs were sporadic (which was surprising), but what was really depressing was that the only planet without any roids (me), would get 6 or 7 waves on me, whilst roidfat and valueless (but still reasonable scored) planets would get one or two. I just dont understand who i annoyed, but the incs i received were really quite silly .

Anyway, i had a good time and enjoyed myself this round. I dont really regret my choice of Xan, but towards the end i did feel like a farm . But i feel that i contributed far more to my galaxy and my alliance through all the fake defence that i sent that resulted in recalls, and all the real def that resulted in total kills, i think it made up for it. I only launched 22 attack fleets (of 124) all round, but most (pretty much all) of those i recalled instantly due to them getting def right away - but those 100+ def fleets i sent really made a difference. As others mentioned above, it was really easy to 3 fleet def with Xan (which i often do anyway ) both in-gal, in-c (initially, till crusie wasted my time there, heh), and within Vision.

<3

Last edited by Ultimate Newbie; 2 Jun 2007 at 05:55.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote