Thread: Salvage change
View Single Post
Unread 10 Dec 2010, 16:24   #6
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future
Re: Salvage change

For me, the main thing salvage is (sort of) good at, is giving new players a chance to rebuild (at least to a degree) if they get faceraped in the night. This is an important aspect of keeping new players, and the salvage system should award them high %'s according to rank/score (probably higher than they are now). This should be a sliding scale so the top 100 or so are reduced to 10% at most. Salvage should be a failsafe, not a game changing mechanism.

I don't think salvage is really needed as incentive to defend in general. If you lose a tick of roids that can effectively end your round, so the requirement for alliance members to defend each other is still there.

Any player still playing in the last week of the round can safely be considered "no longer new" (and if they are new, its going to be a shit 1 week round for them anyway). An easy solution is to just turn off salvage when vacation mode is disabled.

The end of round donations are pretty ridiculous, and I'm not sure there is a much that can be done to alleviate that with the current system. The MH's are going to have a very hard time determining a crash from a well orchestrated donation (though they seem to be ignoring even obvious ones at the moment). The community also can't be trusted to get it right. A change in mechanics or a physical restriction is the only real way.