View Single Post
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 23:53   #6
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Olympic Costs could hit £9billion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
For reference, social security spending in the UK is about 110 billion/year. So the money would probably just have been wasted on poor people anyway - at least threres a vague possibility of me getting some tangible benefit from the olympics even though I dont care about it very much.

Lies it wouldn't have been raised without the olympics; besides im not sure what your argument is, theres a tangible benefit to all spending. Even if you just stick it all in a bonfire you'd be able to dance around it or something.

Since i hate most buildings that have been built over the last few years i can't think of an architectural value that is likely to come from multi billion pound spending, plus im never going to need a baseball diamond or handball court or whatever else bizzare sports there are.

Incidently IIRC olympic shooters were driven out of the UK by the gun laws, how are they planning on getting over them? or was there an exemption? Having a competition to find the best sharp shooter in a country that hates guns is rather funny.

edit i also have a prejudice against non empirically objective 'sports', so arbitrarily deciding why one prepubescent girl waving a ribbon is better than another should be ditched.

edit edit i mean prejudicial in the sense of them not being sports, interpretative dance/arts are fine, but you don't see medals being handed out based on the decisions of critics in newspapers.

Last edited by milo; 23 Feb 2007 at 23:59.
milo is offline   Reply With Quote