View Single Post
Unread 26 Dec 2009, 14:27   #131
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Congrats Apprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
This post kind of reminded me of the idiots who argue in favour of anti terror legislation despite there being plenty of rules to stop the activity in question.
Only idiots Who seem to be apathetic towards / endorse cheating.

Quote:
It's the difference between crashing and not crashing, I'd say scanning has a rather wide range of consequences.
You get the scans from the planets in question.... but the scanners dont press the launch/recall buttons for you. (unless they have VNC/proxi access) Ultimately the attacker and defense that decides the outcome of the battle. The scanner role is merely supplimentry.

Quote:
Fundamentally they are still attacking to achieve a massive benefit to the planet being 'supported'. In fact, this is how most planets achieve #1 ranking and have done for quite some time. People achieve that using planets from their own alliance, or by legitimate support planets. The method of those people achieving #1 will not change regardless of any rule you wanted to implement. Number one planet has almost always been decided in this manner and it is not something sufficiently serious for anyone to care about.
This round for example... sure I went on a few joint attacks with Wish this round ... but I still wanted my share of the roids... No way I was recalling.

Quote:
Rules that cripple the gameplay are no solution whatsoever.
Cripple the game play for whom? Its not something that would have an effect for myself not as if I will go and get a VNC support planet and send out of tag defense. if anything it would likely enchance the gameplay for others... especially the new players that PA crave for so much.

Quote:
There is no apathy against cheating. People want multis and vncs caught. What they don't want are legitimate strategies becoming banned because of people's fears about a group that if it does exist, is a very small minority.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I can't say I have a particular problem with VNC use.
Not according to your fellow Mod/Mate Mz.

Quote:
Sign up the VNC planets to another alliance and ally them using that feature. And make the problem even worse.
Exactly my point... In the mean time banning interalliance defense would not be as bad as having inter alliance agreements.

Quote:
Maybe the people attacking need to launch better attacks. The people defending and organised enough to get defence aren't the ones with a problem.
Are you saying to get my own support planets?

Quote:
Lets face it, in the grand scheme of that block, Vision's influence was peripheral.
Thats gratitute for you VSN. I would hate to be P3ngiuns HC for your responce on their contribution.

Quote:
As a final salute, I'd like to point out that Ascendancy has won seven rounds without any serious allegation of cheating behaviour and without any need to use any kind of vnc or login sharing. We've won rounds by being organised and playing more intelligently than anyone else.
I am sure you must be proud.

Quote:
Good play wins planetarion, not VNC planets. If you think this is remotely an issue I think you need to check out your understanding of game mechanics, metagame and not cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Didnt apprime win this round? I'll let cardi and co previous history speak for itself.

Limiting VNC support planets options is no skin off my nose.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote