Thread: R65 Inc stats
View Single Post
Unread 4 Mar 2016, 10:30   #223
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: R65 Inc stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperSix View Post
It's a global game if one person finds it offensive it should be acted upon.
Homosexuality (the state of being, not the insult) offends half the world. Child marriage offends slightly fewer people. There are significant fractions of various continents who believe people of certain ethnic, national or racial backgrounds are genetically inferior to others, a belief the expression of which is punishable by law in many places. In many countries, any negative statement about that country is either frowned upon or just plain illegal. If we can say nothing that has a chance of 'offending' anyone, then this would become a quiet world. It's just not a feasible position to take.

The fact of the matter is, if you interact with people from across the world, of different cultures and backgrounds, you're going to come across opinions, statements, life styles and beliefs that you fundamentally disagree with. If you can't deal with that, then that's your problem and yours alone.

Second, it is not a human right not to be 'offended', whatever that means. Uncomfortable truths and unpopular opinions should be heard, because our culture(s) are not flawless paragons of perfection. That doesn't mean they need to be heard in PA, this game is not exactly designed as an activist platform. But your feeling that you have a right to see names and statements redacted for the sake of your own comfort is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
My argument was always that where I am from golliwog is not racist at all. So what Reaper stated supports my logic. Since in the second part of his argument he states that the word thats offensive in Boston is not offensive elsewhere. Just like golliwog actually, it is only offensive in the UK. Not cause everyone thinks it is, but cause black people managed to get it voted out.
Despite what I just said to ReaperSux, it costs you nothing to take other people's feelings into account when you interact with them. If you know in advance that some word or statement is likely to cause discomfort or anger, and you gain nothing or very little from using it anyway, refraining from using it is just a nice thing to do. Now, you didn't know it would cause this kind of ruckus in advance, and I have no reason to believe otherwise. Still, it costs you nothing to just say "sorry, I didn't know it upset people, so I won't use it any more".

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
Name: Golli OF Wog
not Golliwog, its presented as two words, one of which is a racist slur. I'm not saying you are racist, I am saying that MH should of upheld the complaint. They change almost everything else that isn't offensive!
Really? So if I said 'Ni gger' or 'Fa ggot', you would go "well, it's two words, and 'ni', 'gger', 'fa', and 'gott' are not offensive, so it's fine"? Give me a break. The actual words I'm alluding to are blatantly obvious, and you would (in my view rightfully) attack me for them if I used them in context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperSix View Post
If you were wondering the word it starts with an n and rhymes with tiger
****** does not rhyme with tiger. You were looking for s****** (alternate of snicker), trigger, frigger, gravedigger, bigger, or outrigger.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 4 Mar 2016 at 10:37.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote