View Single Post
Unread 21 Jul 2007, 19:58   #113
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: The Nature of the Support Planets Rule and other such extended discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
There seems to be a 'movement' at the moment against Ascendancy and its presence on the forums. The entire situation is reminiscent of the Fury Troll Squad, the Eclipse Troll Squad, the 1up Troll Squad and now the Ascendancy Troll Squad.

Simply, most of the best posters on the forums have joined Ascendancy.
Its in my view less of a movement and more of a reaction to the arrogance and verbal bullying that goes on from members there.
God knows how you can call people like robban1, or stoom one of the best posters though...
remind me - how many times has a mod banned them for their behaviour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Oh and as per your transparent forum modding suggestion, I've always considered the best sort of modding to be invisible modding - i.e. where it's done behind the scenes and where regular posters never have to worry about it.
Im in agreement here. There is no need for regular users to be able to see what was removed - Thats the entire point of removing it : Because its not something users should have inflicted upon them to read.
Deleted threads and posts are still readable by other mods and can be 'undone' if there is a disagreement.
Like the mods, I too prefer to get things dealt with quietly.

For instance my concerns about JBG's behaviour went to him in a PM - only to be replied to with a definition and the word "jackass". Clearly a 'positive result'
Its all the more galling considering that he himself pointed out that attacking red- was not acceptable
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Can we all at least try to discuss this in a civil manner please? While i disagree with the entire premise of this thread personally just wantonly flaming someone is not acceptable.

Last edited by Phil^; 21 Jul 2007 at 20:12.
Phil^ is offline   Reply With Quote