View Single Post
Unread 25 Apr 2015, 11:20   #26
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Blue's Stat Set Rnd 62

I dislike the Tula. 4/5 races have both a Fr and a Bs firing at Cr, so Cat Cr will have to get 80% Tula to compensate. Cr is pretty weak in general: Zik Cr roids nothing, and Xan Cr isn't anything to write home about either. Suggestion: Mara T1 De, T2 Bs. Tula T1 Fr. Roach T1 Bs, T2 De. Spectre Init 8, maybe even 7?

I get what you were trying to do with the 1 off-class ship per metaclass, but unfortunately you seriously misunderstood what makes off-class ships worth building: they have to be better than roiding-class ships at covering defensive holes. In these stats, I could find only one instance of such a ship (Scorpion in a Cat De fleet). In all other instances, there's a ship in a roiding class that performs the function as well or better, and this allows transitioning into a second roiding fleet (fakes!) very easily.

For example: Ter Fr lacks anti-Fr and anti-De. You could either build the Devastator and (the terrible) Dreadnaught, or just get dual Fi/Fr or Fr/Bs attack fleets. Another example: Xan Cr lacks anti-Fi, Anti-Co and anti-Cr. Vsharrak is Xan's only option for anti-Fi.. You could go Peacekeeper for anti-Cr and Ghost for anti-De, or you could just go Reaper (which covers both holes!) and get a second roiding fleet for free. Third example: Zik Co lacks anti-Co, anti-Cr, anti-Bs. There are no off-class ships that better handle those gaps than the Fr fleet. Fourth example: Etd Bs has Fi, Co, Bs holes. Etd has the most messed up targetting in these stats, but the De fleet covers those holes as well as any other combination of ships.

You either need to seriously revise the off-class ships (they need to be better than roiding ships), or just get rid of them (because no one is going to build them anyway). The only useful off-class ships that I can see are Scorpion (perfect Cat De buttplug) and Executive (ally-ETA anti-Fi, though worse than the Investor in all other ways).

Useless ship list:
- Devastator (either its T1 or its T2 is useful, never both)
- Chimera (a worse version of the Pegasus, the Init doesn't help)
- Dreadnaught (and they said there's no humour in ship stats, but this is pretty close)
- Ant (slow EMP is useless EMP)
- Black Widow (need Mantis anyway, so might as well go Fi/De or De/Cr)
- Pulsar (about as good as Phantom, but...)
- Ghost (...much slower than Phantom, so why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone?)
- Peacekeeper (nice Init, but not worth building over the Reaper)
- Dagger (worse than Thief, T2 does not help)
- Cutter (only its T1 is useful, and Init 22 ruins it)
- Scavenger (only its T2 is useful, much worse than Buccaneer)
- Distributor (lacks Peddler's T2)
- Tycoon (only its T2 is useful, worse than Peddler)

That said, beyond the issues with Cr, and the cluster**** that is off-class ships, I rather like these stats. They're a liiittle defensive for my liking, but not overly so. Fixing the issues should be easy, so as far as I'm concerned these are a viable set to use in r62.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote