Thread: Alliance size
View Single Post
Unread 25 Aug 2015, 14:54   #5
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all
Re: Alliance size

A post I made a couple of months back on this is copied below. I agree we should reduce.

--

You're fundamentally missing the point that by shrinking tag sizes it would change the dynamics of alliances. There wouldn't be a 15 on 1 situation with all the old larger tags teaming on 30 planets. There would never be the need for it. Every alliance would have it's own agenda.

This round, there's under 750 planets. That's shocking, and although it's a summer round, it's still terrible. This game needs to be turned on it's head and seen as a growth opportunity, not as a means to satisfy the few that remain who are entrenched in tags they don't want to leave (me included).

And how do you build a business? By adding new users. And how do you add new users? You create a positive user experience, you find ways to do marketing cheaply and encourage your existing user base to spread the word.

Most of us started playing Planetarion when it was borderline complete embarrassment to tell people you played a game on the internet. Now, you sit on the train to work in the morning and you see 50% of people playing games. Yet PA is decreasing in players. That's an ugly fact. Real ugly.

So my question (and challenge) is, what's the worst that could happen by giving it a go? Or, do we play another round of Best Alliance vs 2/3 Other Alliances with 2 or 3 alliances sticking their oars in along the way whilst PA team take revenue from the 300 planets that bother upgrading? If it flops, you revert back to 60 man tags and play Initarion again.