View Single Post
Unread 9 Jun 2007, 01:28   #41
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: [Football] Summer Transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Villa are a small club?

Since when? Get your facts straight before you post drivel on these boards. To add to that, if anyone out of the three managers can have an impact on a player it is Martin O'Neill. All this "Allardyce works miracles" is bollacks. He works "miracles" because he gives the players short contracts, pays them a shitload and ships them out if they don't perform. No miracle in that sunshine.

Once again, get your facts straight.
You can be a club based in a major city, with massive support and a great history but in football terms you are only a 'big club' when you winning things and achieving good league standings.

As JBG said you haven't won a trophy in 10 years (and then it was the weakest of them) and since then haven't appeared in a major cup final or finished above 6th and players joining aren't joining what they consider a big club and are probably joining as a stepping stone to a 'big club'

Yes Villa are probably on the up but Lerner isn't Abramavich and isn't going to buy a complete squad of world class players so getting the big club tag back is still a good few years off.

Reo Coker has made it clear he thinks he should be playing for Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal and while Villas probably a step up from WH your his stepping stone because the top 4 don't want him atm (probably due to his antics this season) and I think no manager will get over that problem unless they can almost overnight make the club a serious contender to replace one of the big 4

On the Allardyce thing I think your being a little harsh and clearly dont know Boltons situation if you think he just throws money at it. Boltons Budget is low and Villa have probably thrown more money at players in both wages and transfers over the last few seasons. Admittedly the fact that alot of signings are free signing will mean theres more money available for signing on fees but I doubt it rivals the small clubs that should be big clubs (Man City, Spurs, Newcastle, Everton, Villa and such like). Thats not saying I think hes some Messiah or anything. This season will tell but I think he may be a 'low expectation' manager that works well on low budgets and smaller clubs but who might struggle at a club with money and high expectations unlike O'Neill who will do well and can do well at any level
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote