View Single Post
Unread 22 May 2006, 22:41   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: UK/EU questionnaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
A friend of mine has to make a presentation next week on the UK and its role in Europe, within which they would like the opinions of some British people to talk about our opinion on the matter. As they aren't British and don't actually live here though they have found this a bit difficult and were hoping I could try and get some people to fill in a questionnaire. Any responses are appreciated.

Hello,

First of all, thank you for answering these questions. I will use your answers for my presentation that I will give on the 29th of May. The main theme of this presentation is the position of Great Britain in the European Union, therefore I’m asking your opinion about some aspects of the European Union. If you would like share something else about the EU, you are welcome to do so J and of course I apologise for my crappy English

1. Let's talk about the 15+10 enlargement wave the EU has been going through. Was that a good decision? Is that working well? And where will that lead Europe?

It was a brilliant decision, with the possible exception of Cyprus : we should have ratified its borders and forced a settlement rather than accepting them in and giving any de facto legitimacy to the turkish partition of it.

Its not working as well as it could, because europe isnt integrating as fast as it could; and is biased in terms of subsides and developmental loans in favour of the larger countries. We arent doing enough for the Eastern 8 in particular.

Further european integration is inevitable when everyone finally faces up to the declining relevance of european states

2. How do you feel about turkey joining the EU?

A secular Turkey that meets up with the economic and humanitarian criteria would be a wonderful asset to an EU that wants to take a bigger role in world/oil politics, but the likelihood of this is dubious.

3. What should Great Britain be doing different when it comes to the EU?

Join the euro, stop clinging on to the commonwealth and the "special relationship" and take its place at the heart of europe.

Please respond to the following propositions:

1. The European constitution is dead. (And what do you think of the constitution?)

Yes, sadly, thanks to the nationalists. There was nothing even remotely controversial in it. Im dissapointed it didnt past but im so confident it was a benign paper that i dont fear the fact its dead harms europes integration any more than on a psychological level.

2. Great Britain has no right to really participate in the decision making process of the EU, and make so many demands, because it is not fully integrated in it. (For instance not participating in the Economic Monetary Union).

Apart from the EMU, how is it not fully integrated? I cant really agree with this statement, but i agree that britain is a hindrance

3. What's been achieved in Europe so far, which has helped to produce greater prosperity and greater stability than Europe has known before, shouldn’t be abandoned.

Not even controversial, yes.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote