View Single Post
Unread 8 Mar 2011, 15:30   #16
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of
Re: Protect the Newbs & Grow the Game, Bring Back Farms!!!

There are several universal benefits to farming:

1) We could do away with MH's (they're kind of pointless, as I have noticed some people are still farming in limited capacity under the radar anyhow).

Why could we do away with Multihunters? Your point is invalid. There would be people farming other planets then their own, or having more then the allowed number of secundary planets, or all kinds of other abuse.

2) This protects the new players from constant bashing. They're still going to get hit as soon as they're too 'juicy', but actives would have a better option.

Nonsense. First of all new players are not neccesarily owners of weak planets. Second, assuming you mean weak planets that are bashed, the game mechanics dont allow to hit small planets, so they are already protected. Third, the farm planets would usually be smaller, and thus be able to attack the weak players and newbies, and then the main lpanets would farm the secundary planet(s). Weak players and newbies would as a result get MORE bashing, simply because the main planets can bash below the the bash limit 'by proxy'.

3) More roids = more fun. I missed quite a few rounds, but noone has actually achieved the 5000 roids quest since I've been back.

How does more roids make more fun? Thats's like thinking that cheaper ships = more ships = more fun. In the end, the battles are the same.

4) Jagex makes more $ when I pay for my battle planet and my scan planet.

You really want Jagex to earn more from you while they do nothing to make the game better?

5) This takes away the necessity for alliance scanners. What a useless waste of actives, and what an unneccesary disadvantage for new players and new alliances. They fill the very definition of a support planet fs.

I somehow doubt that people would make scan planets out of their secundary planet(s). They have alliance scanners, so it would be more profitable to develop a strong secundary planet, to get more roids, ships and XP from it/them.

6) It does take skill to properly manage and protect your farms, adding yet another wrinkle of complexity to the game.

The game doesn't require much skill to start with, and it would not require more skill, just more time.

Aside from my comments on your reasons, there are several other reasons why having more then one planet is unwise. Let's name a few (some might be theoretical):
  • You could signup free planets en masse and form alliances with them
  • Free planets don't increase Jagex revenue
  • Real wars would be less likely to occur, you can simply farm your planets
  • Danger of people farming their planets to top 20
  • Massive abuse in general is possible, i'm sure, for those who are able to think up some ways. (For instance: sign up 4 planets, BP them, 3 of them donate one of them, then exile the main planet to a better galaxy)
  • Multiple planets will not result in more players. So how is a bigge runiverse iwth more planets more fun? We need more PLAYERS.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote