View Single Post
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 21:26   #45
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: value, xp, admins, fleets, winner, hate, agony, flaming

Its a tricky call this, but one i think they did the lesser of the two evils for.
either you ignore it and let someone win dishonestly, or you intervene and deny them rank #1 by either closing them or recalling the fleets which would have otherwise been donated.
I think, imo that under the circumstances they did the right thing. a win by cheating is not a win at all, and its better to end #2 then to end in disgrace by being closed through the actions of other less reputable people trying to get you to #1

Its pretty much accepted by most reasonable people that ship donation is not permitted for very good reasons, regardless of if you want to call it a lemming run or not.
Its also (imo) clear that rain wasnt the one organising any fleet donations - which is why he wasnt closed for it.
Those donating their fleets might ( and indeed should ) have been, i dont have any info on who they were or if they are indeed closed now though.

regardless of who won and how, its a round that there are always going to be people refusing to accept the outcome - be it that XP turned the round into farce, or that ships were donated