View Single Post
Unread 29 Mar 2004, 07:56   #7
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
Re: Contemplations R10.5 PT 209

Wowzie,

nice post Dain, imho. My personal feeling is that we can't blame Phraktos, Mistu and FAnG for making such a block. In a 10 ppl gal setup, 3 alliances are minimum and to "feel safe" it's bound to happen that such a block is formed. We all know the History of planetarion and blocking, I won't bother to wine about that, since if been in that position myself and as HC you easily get yourself slipped into it. I will stress spinner(and hope some others help me) that we should reduce gal size to 6(Or something like that) This will help reducing the chance of a triad. 2 alliance's working together would mean we could have at least 4 blocks. At least we could hope for some variation. If we continue R11 with 10ppl per gal the blocks might change, but not the size of the blocks. For this round, which I see as an intermediate round anyway this will not change. It's impossible for Phraktos, Mistu and FAnG to break there triad, and tbh there is no reason to do that. The good thing about the ppl in at least Phraktos(haven't spoken to others) is that they at least see that they are biggest and try to encourage an all vs them war. Imho after General was so kind to hand out all info about the P-M-F gal setup it won't be to hard for the opposition to pick out those gals who need bashing first. We all know that there are 3/4 l33t gals(My Opinion ofc) which could use some bashing. This will hold of some firepower for P-M-F, since there other members will need to defend those roids. To my shame from what i've seen so far(I'm scanner and scanned a lot so far) both sides are concentrating on getting easy roids. For those ppl i'm scanning for I know they play fair, cause otherwise they won't need a scan.. But I'm afraid some others have multiple accounts, not even to farm those, but might be only to farm the galm8's there multi account is in. I've seen(have intel) more high ranked ppl are doing that atm. Which ofcourse ruins the game. If the opposition would have some balls, they go straight to the l33t M-P-F gals and try to take out there top players, this has ofcourse a lot of risk. But since M-P-F is bigger they will grow exponential from farming newbies and the gap between the opposition will only grow. The longer they wait the harder it will be to take down the l33t gals. Can't blame ppl for chosing the easy roids atm, i've done it in the past as well. This works great if you are in the bigger block, since you will win on numbers(numbers of roids) in the end. Those who are part of the smaller block will have fun now, since they feel they are doing good with there top100 spot, but as soon as noobfarming doesn't pay of anymore, M-P-F will come after there roids, and since there block ain't got the numbers, they are bound to lose them sooner or later. Focussing from scratch on hostile roids is the only good tactic for the opposition. A tactic which needs balls, balls that most alliances don't have, which has valid reasons since you need a willing memberbase. But this also means you are doomed to become beaten.

How do I feel about fence sitters. Well I tottaly agree with Dain. Players who are sitting fence have some lameness inside, but the HC are the real lamers. They are in full control off there members, the fence sitters might be good friends, and ofcourse kicking them will lead there members to go to the other side, which you don't want to see to happen to your top gal. Still, they should kick any fence sitters of there memberbase caries this opinion. If there is no reason to kick one of this member, a planetary nap will affect the gal so much and will lead to so much trouble, that this gal is doomed to fall. We all know the story's of in gal defending against your own alliance, attacking a side, which retalls etc etc. I don't see a fence sit gal winning this round, as if I where M-P-F I would like a full M-P-F gal winning this round. Not sharing victory with a hostile alliance.

For R11 I still see great potential in this game. Since the memberbase is small, 6 ppl per galaxy would be good. I trust Spinner in creating a great game, and still dream of a sponser, who gives Jolt 50k, to have some free rounds which will bring back planetarion for free, so the game can rock as it done before. Planetarion is still much better imho then the clones out there, the clones are free, that is the only big plus