View Single Post
Unread 27 May 2004, 11:22   #13
Churchil5
Newly Reformed

Churchil5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How to start a brand new alliance or (HC 101)

Something esle that I dont think has yet been mentioned... I could be wrong however:

How to HC the alliance:

It is of absolutely no use to nobody if you start an alliance, follow all the advice given above but fail to be a successful HC.

When I started my alliance I did not realise the amount of work I would have to put in to it in order to get it to work. I started off only spending about 5 hours a day logged in to IRC (most af the time AFK) and I soon started seeing comments about inactive HCing in the alliance forums. This was only in the first week though so I was able to do something about it. Most days I will be logged in even if I'm at work (unless connection dies). I am now usually available 12 hours a day.

In order to be a successful HC in your alliance your own activity is key. Even more key than your members being active. As a leader you have to set an example. You set the standards. Everything your members can do... you should be able to better and faster. You should also make sure your staff follow your example. If you are not on IRC then you should ensure that another HC is, or at least a selection of Officers.

While most of the times it is your responsibility to handle issues taht arise within your alliance it is imperitive that all tasks be taken care of. That there is the reaon for Officers... people who dont have control of the alliance but can still do the specifics... here is a list of Officer duties you may need to think about:

Recruitment (Someone who interviews new recruits when you are not available)

Battle Commander (Somebody who is good at organising attacks)

Defense Commander (I know this thread is for nOObs, but do I really need to explain this?)

Security Officer (If your alliance becomes big enough or strong enough there may be factions wanting to gather intelligence on your alliance to foil plans etc. A security officer would route out any spies from your alliance)

Anyway... hope this helps.
Churchil5 is offline   Reply With Quote