View Single Post
Unread 2 Oct 2009, 11:36   #209
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ascendancy v Apprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
My primary gripe with Gio2ks original post was the way he ignored the potential role of the rest of the universe. Early on with app having a big lead but already building heavy PKs (not so much as later) they could easily have found themselves on the wrong side of a gangbang in which anti asc optimised fleets would be a serious handicap. Their assumption that Asc would be the bulk of their problems payed off as this wasnt (unusually) a gangbanging round, but it might not have; cheating scandals have tended to trigger a major gangbang by the whole uni if Asc is involved (thinking r26 and it was only a false rumour) so counting out the rest of the uni seems absurd if ur HC is busy cheating.
And my primary gripe with your posts is that you are overexaggerating the potential role of the rest if the universe. It's not "Oh Apprime built only PKs and thus are open to attack by the rest of the universe!!!!123". Apprime as just as unroidable by the small / medium alliances as they have been all the round.
The only alliances that might profit a bit might be alliances like evolution, dlr or penguins, that have enough firepower to get through. But even so, you don't have to be a genius to figure out that hitting Apprime is not the best strategy if you want the Asc vs Apprime going on, because let's be honest, the only thing that keeps Asc from roiding the other alliances is the war with Apprime.