Thread: Angels/NewDawn
View Single Post
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 17:54   #448
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Angels/NewDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I discussed your post and came to a conclusion which was that your post was a false economy.
All I get in response is "you're scaremongering, we've hit an impasse, we'll leave it there".
And I discussed your posts and came to the conclusion that you were scare mongering to try and increase the feeling of inevitability of 1up succeeding purely to increase the public will to form a block and smash us into the floor. Wheres the difference in what we're saying about each others ideas?

You're just being deliberately obtuse.I gave 6/7 posts in response to all yours discussing both sides. Just reeks of you having nothing better to say to me and it's about the best you can do in response to the discussion not having a clear outcome. I'm sure you'll get over it though with a bit of counselling.

Quote:
I think that's eminently suggestive that the level of incoming needs to be maintained/increased to ensure that the tanker is turned. Day 1 and 2 aren't going to be determinative, it's days 5,6,7,8 i'm more concerned about. I have implied that it will get worse for ND before it gets better - conveniently, you skirted that part of my post. If you want to interpret data from early doors, fine - I prefer to look at things long term. The key to it all is holding up ND for long enough - on their own 1 on 1 they most likely get beat and the next alliance joins the queue for 1up to whittle their way through them.
I understand what your theorising but thats all it is. What evidence is there from this round to suggest, particularly after two successful days, that ND are suddenly going to fall apart? They've made a good start so why shouldn't they keep it up? Again, you're just goign out of your way to downplay the effect this is having on 1up by throwing wild speculation into the mix and dismissing the actual evidence set in front of you in favour of a 7 days "guess".

Quote:
No one doubts that 1up and ND kicking lumps out of each other is good for everyone else - this is stating the obvious. But for the rest to have a better chance of winning, ND has to prevail, which means its in their interests to help them out.
No, ND does not have to prevail. This has been my argument from the beginning. The best outcome would be for both alliances to come out of this after a week or so in really bad shape while the people in the chasing group have limited thier incoming, gained roids and built solid value.

What I meant by an impass was that we're just going back and forth without there being a clear outcome. If you choose to see this as me "throwing the towel in" then go ahead; small things and all that. I personally fail to see the point in saying the same thing over and over again. We both have opposing views and have laid out the basis of these opinions and I'm happy to accept that whereas you seem intent on proving something that can only be shown after the event.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote