View Single Post
Unread 9 Jun 2009, 20:44   #48
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Round 32 Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
No, no and no again. mz made some very nice graphs for the rounds where we had alliance limits, and if it has shown one thing, it is that alliance limits do not increase how many alliances exist. The only reason I can think of would be to allow more smaller tags to theoretically compete for the top tag rank, but that's really not going to happen since a lot of the bigger alliances will simply create their second, third, fourth etc tag and thus those will, due to cooperation, start being the top tags still. So nothing changes, really, except that new people get a false impression on "fairness". Fairness should only be equal chances, and everyone signing up PT 0 gets them.

well correct me if im wrong but if it was 50man tags for instance.. then big alliances make alliance1, alliance2 tags right.. well now if they do em then its harder for those diffrent groups to defend each other, since theres no eta advantage coming from tag.. like it is atm..
so basicly yes 50man tags do have a better chance to step against that alliance1 and alliance2 groups..

one other thing.. yes there has been some alliance tag limits introduced and changed in several rounds.. i didnt play for some rounds between r12-20 or something like that, so i might b wrong, but havent the player limits been changed like max 10ppl or so ? from lets say from 80ppl to 70 ? in that case its no wonder that it hasnt changed any political situation cos big alliances have just cropped their dead weight and played on without those 10 not so good players :P..

now if u changed it dramaticly, again an example of tag limit50, then it might have a diffrent impact.. or ?

i guess we cant predict this stuff that good, tho its something that quite many players agree to try and tbh the round cant get any worse than it is atm