View Single Post
Unread 9 Jun 2009, 19:42   #45
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Round 32 Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
It's like real life really.
No it's not, and it should not be. With that premise, please go and reconsider why people tend to play games and why they get frustrated with Planetarion when they a) do not sign up at PT 0, and/or b) do not know people playing this game and/or c) come out of protection with a relatively weak fleet (compared to the rest of the universe, relation being ticks passed) and/or d) land in a weak galaxy.

As you can see there are quite a few blindingly obvious reasons for why people can fail in this game without it being necessarily their own mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie2 View Post
So if I send 1/10th of the attacking fleet to a target with 1k roids I can get 1000/10*30%=30 roids, while my partner who's big gets 1.000 * 9/10 * 10% = 90?
Team-ups will be the way to go then.
Nothing wrong with that, that's giving incentive for people to cooperate, which over the time leads to people staying, which then means the meta game and the game itself get even more interesting again (more people!).

Quote:
Not only bigger planets, but also bigger galaxies will be targetted. That can help solve part of the current problems with the lower ranked galaxies.
Indeed, that's a good thing. Being at the top should be a competition.

Quote:
We'll see lots of crashes. It really doesn't matter much because all the downsides to higher value (may attract more incomming, you will cap less).
Crashing is not an option. Unless there is a really huge flaw in the stats its going to be something that you can consider a one-time bonus you could speculate upon. Since crashing hands your fleet value over to your target while at the same time it extremely reduces your chances on landing another attack.

Quote:
Overall I think it's still a positive change though.

Quote:
Xp should be tuned down a small notch to compensate. If you can get 20% more roids on an xp run, you should lower xp/roid by (almost) 20% as well.
Most likely, yes.

Quote:
And I also think 80 is too much for ally limit.
No, no and no again. mz made some very nice graphs for the rounds where we had alliance limits, and if it has shown one thing, it is that alliance limits do not increase how many alliances exist. The only reason I can think of would be to allow more smaller tags to theoretically compete for the top tag rank, but that's really not going to happen since a lot of the bigger alliances will simply create their second, third, fourth etc tag and thus those will, due to cooperation, start being the top tags still. So nothing changes, really, except that new people get a false impression on "fairness". Fairness should only be equal chances, and everyone signing up PT 0 gets them.

Last edited by Heartless; 9 Jun 2009 at 19:52.
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote