Thread: kill exile
View Single Post
Unread 8 May 2017, 18:55   #24
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: kill exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by berten View Post
This thread is not about scanners, its about galaxies.

Nobody should be forced to play with a planet that doesn't contribute to the galaxy. People that don't bother to show up on irc/whatsapp/... do not contribute. Often these are scanners, defplanets, ...

Playing with one of these planets in your galaxy means you won't be a contender for top galaxy.

Being able to perform as a galaxy already depends a lot on luck, don't make it even worse by getting rid of the exile system.

If anything: exiling should be made easier, A LOT easier. 48 hours is pathetic when you know after a few hours that you'll have to get rid of the planet.
Only being able to exile 2 out of a possible 4-5 useless planets is frustrating and can mean your round is over after tick 200. (galaxy wise)

I'm all the way on the other spectrum here: I'm sick of knowing at tick 150 that a part of my galaxy is crap and I won't be able to do anything about it for another 1000 ticks.
Galaxies consist of all kinds of players also scanners as the alliances needs them. You wouldnt lose a thing at tick 150 if you didnt allow the forming of private planets. As no one would have these 8 past round top 10 players in the same gal. Other option is to just allow private planets. The current system sucks for anyone that tries to relay on the feature as it is built. People exploit it too much by beeing rabbits. Try to build something and not just relay on ready built success.