View Single Post
Unread 21 Nov 2006, 03:00   #114
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light
Re: ND whats your plan?

The thought of replying to such a well thought out (and LONG) post actually scares me, but as you put the effort in it would be rude not to reply. So here goes......

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Even Sid has said people think it is a WAR game but it isn't a war game because the stats don't allow it to be a war game. It's meant to be a game, there are elements of a war game, but it's all about score accumulation.
Planetarion will always be a war game because that is all it allows for. Politics are part of war and fighting is all that Planetarion supports. Sure we have moved on from the days where there was a clear frontline between blocks and even alliances. Now things are much more fluid but Planetarion maintains its war roots. If you want to win a round at some point you need to strong arm your rivals. 1up have done such.

I hope that is a better explanation.

Quote:
Well let's have a look at ND's 4 previous attempts to scale the heights:

Round 12: Hit LCH (or are you going to deny they were a military power?) who turned on ND, containing ND's score resulting in a 1up victory. On top of that, we had to deal with your shower.
The mere idea anyone would call LCH a military power after watching them during r11 and r12 makes me giggle inside! They had serious intel problems often hitting 1up planets that were not even 1up. They also had problems where their big players would either NAP or simply avoid the enemy. All in all it is impressive that they held you off for aslong as they did.

Quote:
Round 14: 3 or 4 alliances disband, universe ends up as a 2 v 1 fight of 1up/Reunion versus ND, which ND couldn't possibly win (unless you're insane and think we're some kind of superhumans), so playing for rank was the only option.
Three or four alliances disbanded because they attempted to fight 1up while you sat back and watched. After everyone with testicles had been removed it was your turn. You didnt even launch a single attack on 1up. That was pathetic.

Quote:
Round 15: Played pretty poorly but still only lost because of XP, which when Asc used it a round later, everyone claimed the game engine needed changing, because it wasn't the result everyone wanted. Fought with Exilition for first place, lost with 3 days left.
You were only that high because you had managed to mostly avoid the large battles raging back and forth, yet again when it was your turn you didnt show up for the fight. Quite the same as the round before.

Quote:
Round 16: Actually took a good fight to 1up, but everyone lost motivation once Ascendancy went BAM! and passed everyone and you couldn't actually fight Ascendancy.
I have no personal experience of this round so wont comment. I cannot give a worthy reply. Perhaps someone else would like to comment on this round?

Quote:
I don't see where you get your opinion from. We do what we have to, and we do what we can. I'm sorry we didn't hit 1up in round 14 but it was thoroughly moronic to get annihilated when you can simply resort to taking a heavy beating and getting the best rank we could. You say we do x, but you never quote examples. I've quoted 4 examples which show that your opinion makes no sense.
I get my opinion because all through life ive been a fighter. I fight when I lose and I fight when I win, always doing my best. I fight because that is the only way to reach my potential. When I look at NewDawn I see the same potenital but no will to fight for it. When you get the chance to impress people and fight for a victory you seem to take the easy path. Winning is not easy, sometimes you have to take the risk and go for it.

Quote:
Gate is an excellent player who put in tons of effort to ND and it was rarely reciprocated to him. If it had been we'd have won a lot more rounds than we have now - if he'd been 1up or exilition, a lot of alliances would have had hell to pay. When it worked for Gate, ND could pretty much square up to a lot of alliances who might be regarded as better than us. The problem was getting turn out from the ND members and eventually from Gate himself, because like a lot of the best players - he burned out.

If there's only one thing he would have learned, it's that he couldn't stick playing to his level for a whole round any more. Quitting was one of the best decisions he could make, because he didn't feel committed to PA, his life is probably now a better one and we weren't over relying on him any more either.
Gate is one of the players I admire most, mainly because he fought so hard for ND when he could of played with 'better' people. Which is something special - loyalty. What I meant with my comment about him was that during r14 even he was quite cocky about how good ND were. He gave it a fair bit of lip and even stated you could give 1up a decent fight. When it came to actions ND folded and went under. I think Gate realised ND wasnt upto scratch then and I think some of you need to do the same now.

In the end I think we can all agree Gate rocks, no matter what happens! Miss you Gate!

(note: I have written this over a period of about 8 hours, I had a sleep and went boxing in the middle. So if anything doesnt make sense I appologise, its now 2am and I cannot be assed to reread it all.)

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote