View Single Post
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 20:56   #237
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Round 20 Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osidiradadumpf
R19 was the first game I played and without the ingal support i would have been creamed... During the game I met a bunch of people and with some of them I wanted to play in a buddypack.. Why??? I want to be sure that they are in the same galaxy as I am!! The nice part about galaxy def, is that they were able to send ALL kind of ships, so when my friends get bashed by an couple of XAN frigs, I was able to send my Cath Battleships.

I always considered Alliance Def as a BONUS, and for me (without the inner circle of friends some people had) Cluster Defend was non-existant. Now, that alliance def is taken away and I can't play with ALL the friends I have made.

In my case the galaxy I ended up was very nice, and we had a very good defense for a long time.. But I do know that this wasn't the case in a lot of other galaxies. If you are unlucky you might get stuck in a worthless dying galaxy and I don't think i will be bothered to play that for long. Having an reasonable sized buddypack IS the only way to go, and with an active core of players you have a better chance of building something up.

Alliances are not for playing with your friends, that task if for your galaxy. Also, I really didn't liked that my galaxy KEPT growing and growing You end up with an bunch of people you have had never contact with and for which you don't even know if they are play or are farms. Galaxy should be small, 10 - 12 people TOPS.

At this moment, I think PA should concentrate on trying to keep players INSIDE an gal and having at least an sizeable core of an galaxy IS IMPORTANT. And three DOESN"T CUT IT.
The problem here is with the galaxy size. Atm galaxies are to unbalances in favour them towards f.example alliances. Also with the low number of galaxies we have each round we risk the double booking/triplebooking incidents that have been rather annoying for players in galaxies before.

We need to do something to make alliances smaller, and as galaxy size is kind of dependant on how big a buddypack is then we might have a problem.