View Single Post
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 15:16   #225
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Round 20 Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal

I think its also worth telling you all about some casual research I'm doing at the moment. Basically I've been going around talking to people who play competing games and aksing them why they don't play PA. There was a recurring theme that somewhat shocked me. I was expecting them to talk about the cost, but in fact none of them really cared about that. What they did say however was that they didn't play PA becuase of its community. One of the claims was that the PA community doesn't care - it doesn't look after you if you are bashed, it doesn't help you meet new friend, etc. This shocked me as i always thought the community was one of our strengths. Perhaps some food for thought.
I like to point out that about the bashing part is the one of the main reasons why I hear players quit. BUT I think it is rather cheecky of you to say that it is the communitys fault that bashing exists while there have been several debates around the fact that we are bashing our own playerbase to death. You have always stated that you wanted this game to be a war game and earlier you also stated that you wanted this to be a game around attacks. Have it ever occured to you that the fact that a more attack based game CREATES more bashing? Have it ever occured to you that the fact that zik's steal all the ships leaving the player left with NOTHING makes people quit?

Stop blaming it on the community when its the creators fault that the game is being played this way.