View Single Post
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 18:30   #37
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: xVx and Nap agreements

Seriously, if there's anyone here that isn't xvx (who're biased) that thinks CT did anything wrong - you're an idiot.

That's not an opinion, that's not a baseless insult to be thrown around whimsically; you're an idiot.

The reason you're an idiot is because you're somehow failing to grasp basic logic:

1. An agreement existed. -with me so far?
2. The agreement was to "not attack one another"
3i. The agreement had a cancellation clause - the 48-hour cooldown period
3ii. Cooldown periods exist (when agreed upon) so that neither alliance can end a NAP any time they like and launch an immediate attack on an unsuspecting target.
4i. CT notified xVx (with whom they had a NAP, which had a 48-hour/tick cooloff period) that they intended to end the nap.
4ii. It was not CT's responsibility to ensure the person to whom they delivered this notification to was paying attention.
4iii. Upon notification of intention to end the nap, the commencement of the 48 hour agreed upon cooloff period began.
5i. xVx, for whatever reason or motivation, decided not to honour the cooloff period, and attack CT within the agreed cooloff period.
5ii. Thus, xVx broke the terms of the NAP with CT.

When two alliances are competing for #1, it usually involves attacking one another. In order to ensure best chances of success, the idea is to position yourself so you're in the best possible position politically to overcome your opponent at the point when battles occur.

Allllllll said and done though, I doubt this will hurt xVx's chances of securing a nap with anyone except CT, and even then it'd only be for the next round or so. Politics isn't always about working together with somebody you trust, it's about making use of other political players to give the best outcome. And the other person will be usually keen to work with you too, so long as it's in their best interests to do so.

R38 I had a teeny tiny falling out with DigiZero and everyone said it was the end of the world. Then when I next HC'd, Omega and NewDawn were napped for 3 weeks or something for as long as it was in our own best interests.

Yes, it was shit what xVx did but everyone will understand their reasons for it (if not necessarily agreeing with the execution), so let's not start to imply it'll have any real long term effects.