View Single Post
Unread 15 Sep 2010, 14:09   #12
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Re: Planetarion - Put an Axe through it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
As per Light's design document and posts I've made on the subject, the scanning tech tree should focus on two things:

Requirement 1 is met because this tree should make it possible to research the first 2 scans while in protection. A case can be made for this to be included in the tutorial quest line (see Light's document). Requirement 2 is met because the ability of doing perfect scans on arbitrary coordinates with high amps is required for alliances to engage in fleetcatches (core feature of PA, as you will undoubtedly agree) and to counter distorter play. Requirement 3 is met because I do not remove dists.
New planets do not join alliances at the start, they may take up to a week to even think about an alliance (if ever). This leads to them not having access to an alliance scanner. Making dists a game stopper.

Dists are only there to fake attacks, yes its makes a nice strategy to have lots of dists, but I think its not "fun" for the person who's getting attacked. With the introduction of single structure cost increase, its easier to gain dists. It should make it harder to scan, not impossible.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote