View Single Post
Unread 30 Jul 2009, 18:11   #14
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Substract XP for hitting smaller targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
Erm yea I mixed 'em up, I meant value+score instead of just value (for the roidcapping part).
I am not quite sure if I would agree to that, since there is a fundamental difference between value and score, and how both get generated. If you consider score instead of value for roid capping, then you start punishing those people which manage to roid successfully with small fleets, as those generate higher xp.

What you want from reducing capping is that you reduce the Return-On-Investment you get from attacking. Investment is the fleet value you have. The return value is the fleet value that you can gain from the captured roids until the end of the round. Usually, success of an attack is decided by size of the fleet, alas a planet's value. Not by a planet's XP, since XP does only indicate a planet's activity within the game, but not his ability to actually defend / attack. Planets with low value need roids to grow more fleet while planets with high value already have a lot of fleet. The amount of roids determines how fast you can grow fleet. Therefore you must offer a bit more protection to those small value planets if you want them to be able to keep up with the growth of the bigger players.