Thread: Wife problems
View Single Post
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 13:52   #285
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Wife problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Thanks for the tip, I'll make sure that 50% of my posts aren't comprised of slurs against the poster's mother from now on as that loses its novelty humour pretty quickly
No, you're not seeing it. There are different levels. Your point there could be considered akin to "what's that you said? a joke? i've heard loads of those before, that's not very funny". it depends on the subject and its variety.

Incidentally for the sake of hilarity I looked back over my posts which contained the word mother. In the past year five of my posts (I believe I've made a couple of thouand) have contained your mother jokes/references. Of those two are me quoting you making jokes about my mother. So yeah tk I'd advise cutting down on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Nah, again you're missing the point. The idea of a cat raping someone's mother may be funny, but it actually happening would be just be impractical and boring. The cat would keep falling off, your mother would just be embarrassed, I'm not even sure a cat penis could stay in...well, you get the point.

It's a bit like Woody Allen's early movies. His writing at the time was broadly absurdist (check out his collected volume of prose if you've not already, it's quite good) and his early movies attempted to replicate this visually, but a lot of the time the joke falls flat when you actually see the absurd thing happening on screen.

Where you do show absurd things, they have to made unreal to be funny (imho). Vic and Bob hitting each other with giant frying pans can still be very funny, but that's because it's so utterly unreal, it's sort of a live-action cartoon. As soon as it became real I suspect it would be less funny - not because of any sort of empathy or ethical point but because it would be dull watching someone lying there not doing anything for quite a lot of the time. This is why movie representations of sex or violence tend to be so unrealistic.
Okay sure, that probably wasn't a great example. My point would be more that finding out that xyz had occurred would be funny. Not that actually watching it would be. Apologies if this wasn't made clear through what I said.