Thread: Complexity
View Single Post
Unread 28 Feb 2004, 16:26   #70
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts
Re: Complexity

Ok.

For Physics to work at all, *not assuming we know all about it, I never said we did* then the parts that make up Physics have to remain a constant and the rules cannot change from day to day. If they change, then our world, which relies greatly on physics remaining constant, would fall apart.

Now. Assuming you got past the first bit...

Physics is a science and Mathematics is a science. Physics relies very heavily on mathematics as a result of the various formulas that make up Physics. Most everything in physics now has a formula to back it up. In addition, the rest such as dark-energy, well, we are working the formulas as we speak. It was actually a formula that suggested the need for dark-matter, and by god, we found it. Besides all that, let us just say for now, that Physics relies heavily on math.

Now, for physics to be working the way it does, that requires that the things that make it remain constant, without adding new rules. Therefore, we can make the assumption (uh oh, omg... shut the f@!# up, it is a great assumption) that math, which 99% if physics, must remain constant, without change in its rules.

Because math cannot change because of the effect it will have on physics, therefore, it is finite.

In addition, if you say we cannot make a claim based on its "effect", well let me say that that is the ONLY way we find planets outside our solar system.

And in addition, MrL, I know math is for the most part not made of numbers, that’s why I added on to the list Variables (x,y) and symbols (Sin, =, S) See reading the whole thing does help, really.

Now

Quote:
By some of the most truly appalling and obvious spelling and grammatical errors I've seen in some time. And I'm really not one who is generally bothered by such things. The sheer quantity of errors on your posts really does nothing at all for your arguments.
No, defense for that... my mistake.

Greate <--- :-( (sp mistake for create)

However, I can show you examples were my writing is eloquent...

Quote:
Oh, and I can debate very well, thank you. You appear to be ignoring the fact that if A -> B and A is disproven, then you can't imply B any more. It's called 'destroying the argument'.
In your case, what are A and B? I do not thing you have shown that. Prove that math is infinite, and if you cannot, say you do not know, and that math may indeed be finite. That is good enough for me, although I have theorized quite decently why it must be constant.

Quote:
I can ask 'Why don't GR and QM agree?' but I'm not going to get a nobel prize, am I. The person who resolves the problems will. If we had no answers and infinite questions, then we'd be nowhere.

Oh, and you're seeming to imply that Einstein wasn't a genius, as he only produced answers, and not a significant number of questions.
Yes, but someone came up with that question a long time before you. Therefore, the first person who comes up with the question gets the credit, just like the first person who comes up with the answer gets the credit. *with the assumption that they are right.

In addition, answers always lead to more questions. How, Why, What and When. For example when we first found out that eventually a asteroid will hit earth, the next questions were How will it impact earth, Why do we know that it will hit earth, What will the effects be, and when will it happen?

I really do not know where you that I am implying that Einstein was not a genius. He didn’t only produce answers. As many of his answers are theories, not laws, the questions we have now are how to prove them 100%. No ones going to sit here and say that what he said was 100% right. However, that doesn’t mean he isn’t a genius. Moreover, before he answered those questions some one had to ponder them first.

Quote:
How is math’s being in essence nonfluid in any way related to its complexity?
Because, that means it cant change and that its complexity can’t change. Its complexity remains constant. However, Language, because it changes, makes it more complex. Now let me talk about that for just a minute, because I know you are confused about how, just because something changes, does that mean that it is more complex. The answer in most cases is no.

Language however is a special case. In this case, because it is important to understand historic language (such as hieroglyphics, linear A, or Latin) as well as to understand current languages (such as English (and its sub-dialects), Chinese, French, Italian, Spanish (and its sub-dialects), French, and all those weird click type languages in Africa), language as it grows becomes more complex. In addition, language is not confined simply to writing or speaking. Body and Sign language also add to its complexity. In addition to this, we must accept that we may not be the only world with language, adding to the complexity of language.

Lets let there be Units of Complexity (mathematics allows for this in case you’re saying we can Let there be units of complexity, we can, it’s just a variable.

Because I have already established that math is nonfluid and that its complexity does not change, let the units of complexity for math (UCm) be 20. Next Let the unit complexity for language (UCl) be 2. Because language can change, and changes at a linear or perhaps even exponential rate, eventually UCl > UCm. Uh oh, But I’m using math to prove my point meaning that math need to be more complex. No it doesn’t. Using math is simpler that describing it in words.

And let’s examine that Rock shall we. No one can claim that that rock, by itself, is more complex that math. But as time grows, math doesn’t change, but the rock does. It might find other rocks to combine with. SO on and so on until you get a planet. A planet is probably more complex that mathematics *although I’m not going to argue that point.

I felt the need to spout out some elements because I wanted to point out that there might be intelligent life on other worlds, with there own languages, adding to the complexity of language in terms of learning it. The elements I discussed were the basic building blocks for life and the most abundant in the universe.

In addition, this time I have taken my time, so if you find errors...@#$#@!

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote