View Single Post
Unread 15 Aug 2006, 11:07   #46
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold
Re: Planetarion Support Team

Maybe it's just me - but I still think the blame belongs squarely at the feet of the alliance mate who was closed.

If instead of being closed, he had recalled his fleet (either accidentally or otherwise) would it be fair to blame anyone else for his fleets not being there to support fam...of course not. Now in this case, instead of directly recalling his fleet, he did something that resulted in his planet being temporarily closed, and his fleet recalled....so he wasn't directly responsible for the fleet recall - but he was directly responsible for the closure of his own planet....either way the end result is the same - that is unfortunately fam lost his ships....is that fair to fam - no I agree it's not - but again I say place the blame where it clearly belongs....

In my opinion - people seem to have lost sight of the fact that the whole situation could have been avoided - had the closed planet simply informed the multihunters that he wanted to create an account for his gf to play, on the same IP that he played from. If he had done so - he wouldn't have been closed - and then fam wouldn't have lost his ships....simple.

Oh and btw - I can't understand how fam can say he agrees with the concept of the multihunters job - but then go on to say that they shouldn't do that job if it effects other players - I'd imagine if they tried to play by those rules - they'd never close anyone - no matter what they did.

I still think the main thing this situation highlights is the need for others directly affected by the closure of a planet (those being defend by, defending with (same eta), or attacking said planet and probably also the alliance), need to be notified that the recall of fleets has occurred.

Although I do like the suggestion above of closed planets effectively being put into an enforced vacation mode, where the actions of launched/pre-launched fleets are allowed to continue, but the user couldn’t access their account – although this will bring it’s own set of problems (what if said fleets were part of the abuse, or what if the planet would have recalled one/all of the fleets had it been allowed to log in, and lost ships because they couldn’t – though this would only be a problem if the planet is later re-opened)…..Hmmm maybe this would just cause more problems – oh well guess that’s an issue for PA Team to resolve.

notsure