View Single Post
Unread 15 Aug 2006, 09:54   #44
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Planetarion Support Team

Note : I started writing this last night and due to circumstances out of my control Im posting this morning; update for the posts made over night are at the bottom of the thread.

----

First of all, I'd like if a forum mod is reading this to change the topic from Support Team to Multihunting team as it has nothing to do with the Support Team.

Let me give you a typical scenario in the daily life of a Multihunter

a) JoeBloggs comes into #multihunters and says that x:y:z is a potential farmer
b) The multihunter then has a preliminary chat with Joe, getting information from him and any scans which they may have
c) The multihunter then investigates the planet and looks at the planet history
d) The multihunter then decides wether a case is to be opened against x:y:z
di) If the planet is to have a case created then the relevant information is stored
dii) If the planet is not to have a case created then the information is still logged
e) If the planet is to be closed then the planet is closed, along with full information stored and an email is sent to x:y:z saying that they have been closed.

Typically then x:y:z comes to #multihunters to plead there case, where the Multihunter which closed is talked to by x:y:z; if it seems that its a simple open / shut case only that multihunter is involved. Cases of ship farming for example however, which are more "complex" than the simpler cases cant be decided upon by the one multihunter, and the Deputy and/or Head of Department are bought into the equation as they have more experience in dealing with such cases.

With regards to what happens to people who are involved [by involved I mean having fleets being sent to the as defence / attack], there has been the same policy in place that the fleets are recalled and if someone else is reliant on them then we dont compensate them. It maybe harsh but after all this is a war game. If we were to compensate fleets in this matter then I know that within an hour there would be a flood of people wanting there fleets re-instated. And even if this rule was introduced at the beginning of a round that fleets would be recompensated, there simply isnt the time to go through every case, investigating each planet and the losses they may have suffered.

The Multihunting team is, at the moment, comprised of Appocomaster [Head], myself [Deputy], Cin, Marv, Fiery and Squidly. This may sound like a full team but it does get streched at time, which is why we cant investigate everything. And when we do see something we act upon it. With the current background which is affecting the MH Team [Appoco on holiday, Marv being AFK recently and myself trying to hold down a summer job] things are streched but thankfully Marvs back, Appocos back soon and Ive now got my own office at work so I can do both work and MH duties [note: if my boss is reading this I do it in my lunch hour!].

I would like to just take this chance just to remind you all of a few things about being a Multihunter

* Multihunters arn't allowed in alliances - this removes a large part of the aspect of the game for them as they must be in 1:1
* Multihunters do hunting for free - we dont get wages, all we get is a pat on the back from PA Team occasionally. Not even a box of chocolates at Christmas
* Multihunters do there work in there spare time and even during there work hours
* The bulk of work which MH's do is a thankless task - think DC'ing but on a basis of looking after 2200 planets instead of 40 or so.
* Multihunters arn't super heros - like everyone in the world we do make mistakes but we address them and sort them out where we can.

We try to police the game the best we can. If we could fufill everyones requests in the community then yes, that would be absolutly brilliant but we cant so we have to focus on things; would the community rather have less closures of cheats with more careful checking or closure and re-opening of planets?

----

Update for this morning:

The MH Team / PA Team are independant on alliance pressure; granted to some people this may appear as untrue, but its true; this is why neither PA or MH Teams are allowed to be in alliances, to avoid this happening. There is no bias towards or against a particular alliance.

If we went with the policy of waiting for enough evidence for closure, where should we draw the line and say right, this is what is needed for closure? We would get even more people coming to #multihunters saying x:y:z is farming, why arnt you doing anything about it, and probably getting more abusive as we go along [it happens even now.]. With the idea of having fleets still flying towards there target, then people would say that if they cant defend it they want to retal them and ofc if the attacking planet is closed then theres nothing they can do about it.

Again I wish to say that the Support Team has NOTHING to do with Multihunting or the Multihunting department, PLEASE can you address future posts as MH Team rather than Support. Im open for positive criticism from the community as I know that there are several parties involved who arn't too happy with the situation, but if your just going to flame / slander / pick apart posts I respectfully request you dont do so. If you also want to discuss this, feel free to drop me an email [[email protected]] and I'll do my best to get back to you
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote