View Single Post
Unread 15 Aug 2006, 03:51   #31
Cowmando
is your god

Cowmando is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Planetarion Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyVince
Well, I don't think there is a case at all here. Whatever happened to your friend who got closed, it is also your responsibility to ensure that your landing, attack or defence, is safe - either by jgp or news scan, or any other means, like in-gal contact, whatever else.

You obviously launched your fleet & forgot about it. You have no one else to blame for the loss of your ships, than yourself fam. It happened to me a few times too, to be unable to be back home early enough to check jgp at landing time. I lost ships, sometimes a good number of them. That is exactly the same situation. You were counting on the presence of someone, but that someone, for any other reason than being closed, could also have decided to recall his fleet. Who would have you blamed then?

Besides, I know how hard it can be to discuss with support, MH, or admin teams. But it is no reason to be that harsh. Things often come easier on a softer, more diplomatic tone. You have "explained" your case, but you didn't give any good reason for them to give you back your ships. Or you didn't post that.

Next time, if you still play, you'll know that scans are not made only to spend ressources, but to save ships too.

Edited for spelling.
I think the bits about how he should have know everything that was going on are wrong as it is generally a DC who tells people where and when to send def ships so you quite often don't know exactly what is goinging on. If you have sent defence and go tyo bed in the knowldge it is safe no matter how long you sleep why should you be expected to get up and get a jgp. Also not everybody has reserched the ability to do jgps and sometimes there are not scanners around to do them for you. I also beleive that DCs although answerable to their HCs should not be entirly questionable by the people whoes fleets they are useing/who they are defending. All you should need is the assurance of a DC that either "they would be mad to land" or "your ships are safe" any thing goes wrong with the way a DC handles your fleets you should talk to a HC.

I agree that he perhapps should have been more civil with the MHs but can you blame him for being angry. I my self have got angry at people who posably did noy deserve it this round (and I would like to applogise for it).

also i beleive that fam should be compensated as in no way is it his falt that his alliance mat got closed nore should he be expeted to get online to check if they have been closed for cheating.
Cowmando is offline   Reply With Quote