Thread: Blocking
View Single Post
Unread 9 May 2012, 20:54   #44
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Blocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howzat View Post
A suggestion would be to limit an alliances incoming to say 40% incoming fleet value against their own total fleet value. Fleets cannot be launched then at an alliance who is already maxed out at 40%, until an attacker(s) recall. This would stop the gangbang from multiple allies against 1, thus making you look elsewhere for targets.
In general i believe you shouldn't limit the ability to block against other alliances, you should limit the need for blocking (decreasing an alliance defpool is a good start for instance).

As for your suggestion, i am very much against it. As it has some very unwanted effects on a galaxy level. For instance, the possible amount of incs on fortress galaxies is far lower as the possible amount of incs on a fenced galaxy. Ofcourse there are ways to counter this, like perhaps implementing the same limitations on galaxies, but even then i foresee great possible abuse of this limitation. (think of alliances like DLR/TGV/ROCK/HA, who could build 1 or 2 fortresses for their playing members, and fill their tag with shit, idle planets without any planetary development).

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote