View Single Post
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 08:25   #35
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
Re: R66 Stat opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
You are wrong to presume that everyone only finds enjoyment in attacking. There are plenty of people who enjoy the defensive side more than the attacking (see Recluse as an example). Alliance defence, dcing, ingal defence is actually a far more interactive and social experience than attacking. In any alliance you can attack every night and never talk to anyone, never interact with your team. On defence you have to communicate, coordinate and work as a unit. Effective defence is about being a cog in a greater machine. Getting your member to actively communicate in defensive coordination would do more to make them stick at playing than just chucking up a galaxy for them to randomly attack every night.

I personally say that I barely remember the best attacks I landed, but nights where we covered large incs or where the team pulled together to repel an aggressor are still in my mind (in a gal with dybi normally). I would even hazard a guess that the lack of team spirit garnered through poor defensive displays from alliances like CT, p3n does more damage to their ability to win tight rounds than anything else.

Any mug can gain roids, as carDi has shown you can even just init them and rank well. It's defence that is where the real game is and you guys want to hamper it
I dont overly disagree with you here. Yes Defence is where the real game is and only if you manage that part you can win.
But the universe is (sadly only) consisting of 700 planets, out of which only 1 will actually win and another 29 to make the superb top30. What about the other 670 players (i assume every planet is 1 player )

Don't you think it should be about what keeps them playing ?

And thats where i disagree with you, i dont think the majority of those guys enjoy the defensive aspect over the offensive. Though some for sure do.
Also in an offensive set you can still defend and enjoy that aspect of the game, it just is harder to be succesful.

At the same time i think that quite a lot of ppl dont wanna take part in the communicative aspect, maybe because they dont know about its enjoyment or benefit - or whatever reason. Personally i have some rl friends(played r3-r9.5) that quit playing PA, because they had to be on irc and all that stuff.

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote