Thread: New-Race
View Single Post
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 23:38   #50
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: New-Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
I think a race with Cargo ships could work, but the cargo stealing only a tick resource on its target is too limited. I suggest the Cargo ships allow that race to steal some salvage during battles.
- in defense they get their normal share + x% stolen from the other players shares.
- in attack they steal a percentage of the defense salvage
Look, I've explained every step of the way why I wouldn't go for cargo ships. You're making this bloody frustrating.

A new race should have attributes that apply to all of the ships, not just to one specific ship. Take, for example, Xan's cloaking or Cathaar's EMP abilities. Further, if only one ship (your cargo ship) can steal resources, then your resource-stealing ability is restricted to a single ship-class. Since one race is usually very strong against at least one class of ship, that'd make it very difficult to steal resources from that race. Obviously this is a bad thing.

I also don't like the idea of salvage stealing. Why should stealing resources be dependant on other ships dying? If a 6thRace fleet lands on a planet that runs its ships, why shouldn't they take some resources anyway?

The limit to a single tick's resources (which is also handy for storyline reasons) is because this will stop the ability from being too powerful. If you allowed 6thRace to steal from stockpiles then you'd see inactive noobs getting bashed to cap their stockpiles - I'm sure even you realise that this would be a bad thing.