View Single Post
Unread 14 Aug 2007, 15:01   #23
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Round 23 Ship Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
The option would be of course to lower the efficency of the CO ships slightly (~10%) and increase the CR ships slightly (~5%), so that a definative gap would be created between the two ships, would this affect your choices at all, and maybe make you consider CR more?
Probably. There's already a slight gap in favour of cruisers - but the main problem with cruisers is that the scorpion overlaps badly with the tarantula. The tarantula would need to be awfully strong to compensate for it, as if you don't do vipers, the corvettes are next to trash, and if you do tarantulas you're forced to do scorpions too or to be vulnerable to battleships.

Quote:
Sounds ok?
Yeah. The terran strength may be more result of others' weakness.

Quote:
The bomber is weak to stop it completely mauling FR when defending against it. The spectre has both increase emp-res and armour, I dont really agree with the notion that BS will simply walk all over it, (ie 6k brokers roiding basically any Xan) I think it will take a large portion of your BS to actually roid them, rather than being able to send a small BS fleet each time.
Spectre wins Wyvern by 99 and is on initiative disadvantage. It's trashed. Especially with terrans being stronger. You're forced to large collaterals, especially as battleships will be terran primary attack fleet (just one 0-loss, and that's the cruiser-overlapping scorp).

Quote:
Again if the emp eff of the Voyagers and Beetles (in-particular) was reduced, would Xan FI be more tempting?
Not really. I don't find xandathrii fighters parcitularily tempting. I don't find xandathrii particularily tempting, though. I hate the tradeoff between nightmare and phantom, it forces you into stacking out which leaves either your fighters prone to EMP floods (especially with the current cathaar corvettes), or your frigates prone to cruiser floods (which may be mitigated by the mentioned fact).

Quote:
I think the important thing to note with Zik's is that yes while they do steal, they will find it difficult to plug that FR gap, and as such 90% of them should have a weakness ALL round, unlike previousily
The gap might just be smaller with the immense corsair though.

Quote:
Suggestions on what to change on the ETD's without dramatically changing everything?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedda
Scarabs as our only Fr will be only useful if you've chimeras, shadows or dealers to to team up with so many cath won't build many of these
No. No matter how few scarabs, against cathaars only, you'll never get killed, and every single scarab contributes to attrition. With chimera, dealer, and shadow against cruisers too, every single scarab contributes not only to attrition through EMP blasts (initiative 1 against roach's initiative 2) which prevent the roach from firing it's blasts, also contribute more through flak. While it doesn't kill, it just nudges it so much it's definately the best anticruiser, just doesn't work well with marauder.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote