View Single Post
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 18:24   #50
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Uni - Is It Worth It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I put a shite load into the NHS and I dont work. I smoke ciggies, and if me and my comrades stopped the NHS would be in shite, as would the universities. As well as that if all the students stopped drinking imagine how much money the gvmnt would lose. Its for people like me who drink, smoke and consume all things with high duty on them, which means that you jennifer didnt have to pay £50000 for your oxbridge education. It also means that you didnt have to go to a public school and it also meant that you can graduate and get a job.

You my dear should be grateful to me, as I am to you.

<3
I doubt that smokers and drinkers single-handedly funded my degree. I suspect hard-working scientists invented the means that we currently have to heal some of those harmed by smoking and drinking-related illnesses/accidents. You can pollute your body however you want - it's your body, maybe you're right, and the NHS would be short of money without your taxes, but the effects on society of drinking and smoking are not necessarily financial and your tax money won't cure lung cancer and won't bring drink-driving victims back from the dead.
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote