View Single Post
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 21:40   #2
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
Re: Uni - Is It Worth It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz
Ok, so i'm 22 and i'm thinking not going to uni right after finishing college was a bad idea coz life seems to be on a downward spiral. A friend of mine who went to uni is singing it's praises but that only coz he wants me to go to uni with him in September i think.

So i ask you, people of Planetarion, for your advice on the whole thing

Cheers in advance
Bear in mind that top-up fees apply from next year. So take that into account when you make a decision.

Yes i think University is very much worth it. Apart from the educational side of Uni (which in most cases assuming you didn't go to a worthless university and did a worthless degree and got a worthless grade, will lead to long-term better job prospects etc..) there are other benefits to consider.

Social Life. You should be able to gather all sorts of fun out of uni no matter what you're interested in as you'll inevitably find lots of people who have similar beliefs and hobbies etc.. as you.

Also you learn a lot at uni. You'll be surprised as to how much you can actually learn (non-education), such as cooking, how to be sociable, the dating game, living on your own, managing finances etc... etc..

Plus being 22 always helps with the women
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote